About the Ethical Record
The Ethical Record is the monthly journal of Conway Hall Ethical Society.
The journal began in 1895 and is produced on a monthly basis. Primarily it has provided abstracts and edited essays of the Society’s Sunday Lectures. It has developed into a showcase journal of the Society’s activities and events at Conway Hall.
Historically and to this day, our events and activities have covered the following subjects:
- History of ideas
- Free Speech and freedom of expression
- Human rights
- Philosophy (especially moral philosophy and ethics)
- History and philosophy of science
- The politics of unbelief
- Neuroscience and consciousness
- Evolution (including the politics and history of evolutionary theory)
- Religion and public policy (including law, education and sexual politics)
- Contemporary ethical issues