Ethical Record Archive
Ethical Record is the monthly journal of Conway Hall Ethical Society.
The journal began in 1895 and is produced on a monthly basis. Primarily it provides abstracts and edited essays of the Society’s Sunday Lectures.
Please find past issues right back to 1945 in our new Ethical Record section under Issues.
Historically and to this day, the lectures have covered such subjects as the following:
- History of Ideas
- Free Speech and freedom of expression
- Human Rights
- Philosophy (especially Moral Philosophy and Ethics)
- History and Philosophy of Science
- The Politics of Unbelief
- Neuroscience and Consciousness
- Evolution (including the politics and history of evolutionary theory)
- Religion and public policy (including law, education and sexual politics)
- Contemporary ethical issues