Paul Guinery is the soloist in Haydn’s Piano Concerto in D major and Sarah Devonald leads Britten’s haunting Phantasy Quartet for oboe and strings, while the ever-popular baroque ‘fix’ comes in the form of a Corelli concerto grosso. Contrast is provided by two of Bruch’s wonderful opus 72 trios played by Mark Lacey, Alec Forshaw and Paul Guinery, with further attractions to include a suite from Bizet’s Carmen featuring Janna Hüneke on flute and some beautiful Gershwin standards from the Great American Songbook.
- Corelli – Concerto grosso op 6 no 8 for two recorders and strings
- Britten – Phantasy Quartet for oboe and strings
- Bruch – Pieces for clarinet, bassoon and piano
- Bizet – Highlights from Carmen for flute and piano
- Gershwin – Song arrangements for wind quartet
- Haydn – Piano concerto in D major
Tickets £15 – on the door or in advance from TicketSource