NEW SCIENTIST LIVE – AUTUMN 2015 LECTURE SERIES
Join New Scientist Live and a selection of leading scientists for 3 fascinating lectures at Conway Hall in London this Autumn. Each lecture starts at 7pm and is sure to provide plenty to inspire you and make you think. Buy your tickets now:
The LHC: Solving the mysteries of the universe, with:
Ben Allanach, professor of theoretical physics, University of Cambridge
Tara Shears, professor of physics, University of Liverpool
This year, the world’s biggest particle accelerator – the Large Hadron Collider – is focused squarely on solving some of the deepest mysteries of the universe. What happened to the antimatter created in the big bang? What is “dark matter”, the invisible stuff that makes up much of our universe? Two researchers at the sharp end discuss what we’ve learned and where we’re heading. Is our best theory of reality’s roots about to be replaced by another, called supersymmetry?
- All 3 lectures take place at Conway Hall
- Doors will open at 6:30pm, with each event scheduled to commence at 7:00pm
- Estimated finish time for each lecture is 8:45pm
- The Series ticket gets you access to all 3 Autumn lectures listed above – you will need to bring this same ticket to each lecture to gain access.
- Tickets will only be available in advance through Eventbrite and are subject to availability. No tickets will be available to purchase on the door.
- All tickets are non-refundable and are not transferable to any other New Scientist Live lecture or event.
- Don’t forget to bring your ticket to gain entry (we can scan this from a print out, or off a mobile phone / tablet / smartwatch screen).
- There is no allocated seating – choice of seats is available on a first come first served basis.
- New Scientist will not be running a bar at these lectures. Should you require refreshments Conway Hall has a small shop with very limited stock, or you should purchase anything you require before arriving at the venue.
- Conway Hall offers limited access for disabled people. If you have any queries, contact us at email@example.com
- A minimum of 50 early bird discounted tickets are available for each lecture priced at £12, saving 20% on the full price ticket (£15)