Venue Hire Policy
To be read in conjunction with “Terms and Conditions for the Hire of Conway Hall Rooms”
- All bookings are subject to our standard terms and conditions which cover the following features:
- Payment, contract and cancellation.
- Indemnity and damages.
- The hirer’s responsibility whilst on the premises including matters relating to health & safety, maintenance, cleanliness and hirer’s property on site.
- Conditions for marketing any event.
- Smoking is not permitted.
- The Society’s right of access to all parts of the building at all times.
- A booking may be refused or cancelled if:
- The aims and policies of the organisation or individual are in conflict with Conway Hall Ethical Society’s charitable object.
- The hirer and/or speakers and/or guests has/have ever been linked to violence and/or incitement to hatred or violence.
- Violence or the encouragement of violence at a meeting may reasonably be anticipated.
- Contravention of fire or health and safety regulations may reasonably be anticipated.
- Misbehaviour has occurred at a previous meeting organised by the organisation or individual in question.
- There is a connection to a march or demonstration.
- A hirer persistently breaches Conway Hall’s Venue Hire Terms and Conditions.
- The Hirer will ensure that nothing shall be done which may constitute a breach of the law, including but not limited to the provisions of the Public Order Act 1986 and Equality Act 2010, or in any way cause a nuisance or be an infringement of any licence for music and dancing or the sale of alcohol.
- Illegal and/or discriminatory segregation is not permitted for any events held at Conway Hall and any plan to limit access in any way must be subject to explicit notification and prior agreement by Conway Hall.
- Conway Hall reserves the right, and at its absolute discretion, to reject or cancel any booking and/or remove any attendee.