With a capacity of 400 spread over balcony and floor seating, our Main Hall retains its period features and is internationally renowned for its excellent acoustics.
Following the instruction from the UK government, we have temporarily closed the doors of Conway Hall to the public, to safeguard our staff, volunteers, audiences and communities.
We are continuously monitoring official channels of communication, guidance and instruction. When we know more from these channels we will issue further updates, with a view to re-opening our doors as soon as it is safe to do so.
If the following FAQs don’t answer your questions, please complete the contact form below and our team will get in touch.
When are you going to open again?
• We are currently working on a phased return to being open once more. The first phase has enabled our staff team, in small numbers, to return to work. Following internal work in making the building Covid-19 secure, we have initiated the second phase which is to have “Closed Door Events” where performers can be filmed and broadcast online, subject to risk assessments. The third phase, “Socially-distanced and Hybrid Events”, following more internal work to ensure correct safeguarding for all, will be to allow audiences, communities and guests back into the building with strict social distancing measures in place.
Will it be safe to come to Conway Hall once it is open?
• Yes, we won’t allow our doors to be open unless we are convinced that we can ensure the safety of all our visitors and we have been independently audited by our Health & Safety advisors. Everyone will have a part to play, though, in maintaining a safe environment by following the guidance we shall issue online and physically within the building.
Will I have to wear a mask if I visit Conway Hall?
• As part of our risk assessments, which will be ongoing throughout the whole of the Corvid-19 epidemic, we will inform anyone visiting Conway Hall of our requirements.
Can I hold my event in August/September/October?
• From 1st August we can proceed to our second phase, “Closed Door Events”, with the third phase, “Socially-distanced and Hybrid Events”, arriving as soon as practicable and it is safe to do so.
Can I have an event with just performers, but no audiences?
• Yes, you can! We have now entered our second phase, “Closed Door Events”.
What is a “Hybrid Event”?
• A “Hybrid Event” is where physical audiences can attend and online audiences can join and participate via livestreaming, using our new, state-of-the-art AV set-up.
When will you know more and be able to provide more information?
• We will update this information when we have more detail and useful facts.
When will you be able to do catering again?
• We are now able to offer deliveries from our catering partner for “Closed Door events”. We are working with our catering partner towards delivering a bespoke catering offer for “Socially-distanced and Hybrid Events” in the future.
Built in 1929 and now Grade II listed, Conway Hall is a landmark of London’s independent intellectual, political and cultural life.
Our Main Hall plays host to a wide variety of events from conferences and lectures to concerts, dance classes, drama, festivals, film screenings, charity fundraisers, filming location and more.
Please view our flickr gallery for previous events.
Open seven days a week, the building offers a unique blend of historical charm combined with a distinct choice of rooms for hire.
All our ground floor rooms are fully accessible by wheelchair: Main Hall, Brockway Room, Bertrand Russell Room & Foyer.
Complimentary public WiFi available to all guests.
We have an accessible toilet on the ground floor next to the ladies toilets.
Hearing loops are fitted in the Main Hall and Brockway Rooms. We have a portable hearing loop available for other rooms.
To find out more please complete the contact form below and our team will get in touch.
Why not watch our video to see who some of our previous guests have been?
To be read in conjunction with “Terms and Conditions for the Hire of Conway Hall Rooms” (see PDF link below) All bookings are subject to our standard terms and conditions which cover the following features: Payment, contract and cancellation. Indemnity and damages. The hirer’s responsibility whilst on the premises including…